Friday, September 5, 2014

Pumpkin Dyed Men's Shirts Now Are Pillows

It's Friday and I have a few projects going at once, but I wanted to stop in and show you the pillows I made with the pumpkin color dyed men's shirts.


 These pillows are so easy to  make. I think from start to finish maybe it took 25 minutes. Super super easy.

If you are interested in trying to make these pillows yourself I have a few tutorials that might help.  Here you can see my tutorial on how to Deconstruct a Man's Shirt and then here is the tutorial on how to make the Man's Shirt pillow.
 
If you are going to buy some shirts at the local thrift store or garage sale my suggest is that you buy 100% cotton shirts. I also only buy shirts that are XL or larger so I can get a 16" x16" pillow that will include the pocket. I also like to get long sleeve shirts so I have that extra material to use for another project but it's not a deal breaker (I could live with a short sleeve Xlarge shirt) Check the buttons and make sure they are all there. It's terrible to get started and realize that a button is missing.

So let me know if you have tried making one of these shirt pillows.

The above photo includes 2 16" x 16" pillows and 2 12" x 16" lumbar pillows. I'm visiting the following parties.



Visit My 1929 Charmer Blog!

DIYShowOff

7 comments:

  1. Clever and creative way to upcycle an old shirt. i love the look of overdyed fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad you linked these to Make it Monday - they are so delightful.. Everyone need to go over to your Etsy shop to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pillows! I'm an up-cycling fan, and shirts are so plentiful so they make a great item to transform into a pillow. BTW, thanks for participating in our first Make It Monday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recycle! I didn't even realize they were shirts at first glance. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well those are just fabulous and clever! Happy to be following along via GFC and looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable!
    I've got pillows that I'm going to re-purpose for my camper once I get to the decorating part. These would be cute in my camper!

    ReplyDelete