Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dressing Up For Halloween!

Dressing up my house for the holidays has not been one of my favorite things to do. No matter the holiday I just didn't like doing it. There could be a possible cause as I'm not a fan of primary colors and the holidays seem to want to be those colors. Christmas red and green, Halloween orange, well Easter are pastels,  my theory might be a bit off.

I wanted some pumpkins in the house, specifically on my dining room table. Off to the dollar store I went cause I heard on blog land that they were only a  .....dollar..... and that worked for me.



I bought 5 of them cause I like things that are displayed in odd numbers (really don't know why that is)  So even though the color orange had made it into the Pantene color of the year (not sure what year that was) the orange wouldn't do for me.

My color scape for my home is robin egg blue, an earthy green possible could be called khaki and off white. So that's the colors the pumpkins would be.

I love to paint so I got out my craft paints and just did about 2 coats on each one two robin's egg blue, two green and one off white. I also painted the stem brown. Then I mixed some dark brown paint with 50% water and used that as my glaze. I dry brushed that on making sure that the crevices got a good dose of the brown. The only part I'm not liking is the seam that runs around the pumpkin but that's just me being picky.


I now have a fall decor that I can live with. I set them in a bowl on top of the table and as I walk by it, it's a reminder that it is indeed fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment