Friday, August 15, 2014

Hotelware Dinerware Restaurant Ware Love Them All!

Back in the 90's I use to live in Scranton, Pa and on occasion I would take a ride into the city (to me there is only one city) and meet my sister-in-law and go shopping. This one day we happened upon a store called Fishs Eddy (read about it here how they got the name) This is the place that made me fall in love with Dinerware dishes.

It was just the type of funky shop you would expect to find in NYC and it didn't disappoint me. That day I became the proud owner of these dishes.


From that point on I just loved this type of dish. Wikipedia explains way better than I could how these type of dishes came about.

So then in my travels just recently I came upon these cups. Love love these cups! They scream Coffee Shop 1950's

They are a cream color with a brown transferware on them. They are your typical 8 oz size cup and I think it would make a great look displayed in a kitchen.

Then I just happened upon another store that had this dish from Syracuse China and again it's the same style and weight of the dish that makes them what I call Dinerware. This bowl was made by Syracuse for the Navy thus the anchor.


Here's my newest find that I got in a local thrift shop. These dishes are from Royal Doultan and on the underside marking it's called Hotelware. These have been heavily used because some of the gold striping is missing but my gosh how pretty would these plates look in a French Country kitchen.


So it's 2014 and I'm still in love with them and now I'm more on the look out for them to sell in my Ebay shop or my Etsy shop. There are many of you out there who loved them as much as I do.

Now if you haven't started your love affair with these dishes and might just want to then head on over to Fishs Eddy and check them out.

Want to learn more about this type of dish called Hotelware, Dinerware, Restaurant ware then take a look at what Wikipedi has to say about it.

Don't forget when visiting your local thrift store keep an eye out for some of these type of dishes, I'm pretty sure you will love them like I do.


My Salvaged Treasures

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Really enjoy your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. I LOVE hotelware - you have some great pieces! Makes me want to hop out to some thrift stores right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them and they were really made to last. Thank you so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete