Monday, August 18, 2014

Get Inspired!

It's hard to get inspired to start a new business when you've had one business that wasn't such a success (I'd call it a failure but others would disagree with that)

I'm a creative person who just loves to make things and then sell them. I've loved the idea of doing this as far back as I can remember. Today I'm doing just that with items that I find at thrift stores and giving them new life along with making accent pillows for the home. It's not easy to get a business going especially when the ghosts of past ventures rise up and sound off  causing a defeatism that starts to sink in.


What I realized is I need inspiration to get me going and keep me motivated.

The dictionary says this about the word inspire: to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.) 

 That's it! I need a feeling of "You Can Do it" to replace those ghosts I spoke about.

So where do I go to get inspired? 

 Les Brown's  posts on Facebook inspire me. Below is yesterday's post from him and it was exactly what I needed to hear.

"Are you overworked and underpaid? You don’t have to settle for this. Choose to develop your mind, your skills, your personality and your relationships. These are the keys for unlocking a world of possibilities and opportunities. If you’re feeling stuck, cast aside, inadequate, don’t just complain about it…make a conscious decision to develop yourself.

Do what you need to do so that you will get to do what you want to do. You might have to go back to school; volunteer in a situation where you can learn; or use your imagination to figure out what your next move will be. At any rate, you’ve got to keep moving. Don’t let life leave you behind. Check your ego at the door, and swallow your pride. You can begin again, create a new life for yourself. You have GREATNESS within you!"

I love Les Brown and it's worth liking him on Facebook to read each day his words of encouragement for success.

So where else do I get inspiration from?

My children John and Erica who both believe in me and encourage me all the time to keep at it. They also have so many talents and I'm in awe of them and well to tell you the truth those talents had to come from somewhere and I'm thinking it might be from me so there I go again getting inspired.

I've neglected my blog for a very long time and now I'm back and wrote my first coming back post and  Kathy at Honey Mountain left me a wonderful comment. She inspired me to keep going just by her thoughtfullness to leave a comment, thank you Kathy.

So I'll look all around for inspiration throughout my day. It's the energy I need to produce my products, list them on Ebay and Etsy, talk about it through social media and it gives me the strength to not give up.





No comments:

Post a Comment