Sunday, January 22, 2012

Flea Market Fun!

So I love shopping for what I call my finds. It could be at a thrift store, garage sale, auction or flea market and today I did the flea market scene.

Being new to the Clermont Florida area I'm not to familiar with the stomping grounds of great finds. Last week as I was traveling along SR 50 heading towards Orlando to attend an auction I noticed out of the corner of my eye a flea market. Not a small run of the mill type of market but the kind that could be classified as a swap meet. You know,  the kind that gets your heart pumping, palms sweating and fills you with anxiety to hurry up and get there. But I was already committed to the auction so I had to wait until TODAY!  

So I went and was I disappointed?    NOPE

I spent maybe 30 minutes in the market when I got the following from only 2 vendors.

Please excuse my picture the sun was pretty strong.

So the money spent was $80. and I got:
  1. A large oil painting (it's in the back) 
  2. A large picture (next to the oil painting)
  3. A shadow box table (it's got glass on top that lifts so you can showcase stuff) 
  4. A wooden carrying box
  5. 6  picture frames 
  6. 3 lime stained terra cotta pots. 
  7. Small picture (its sitting in the wooden box)
  8. Old wooden cabinet with glass door 
Tomorrow I travel to Dunedin to my booth to drop off some merchandise to sell.  Most of this stuff won't make the trip. Each thing I got today needs just a touch of tweaking but it will go in about 2 weeks when I make my next trip.

I also will be heading back to this flea market next Saturday and meet up with these vendors again to see what they got.  

2 comments:

  1. The table and the cabinet look interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I have heard about it, but just have never went, now I can't figure out why I have not been there, I will give it a try, thanks!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete