Saturday, October 8, 2011

Getting Ready For A Craft Show!

This upcoming weekend will be my first craft show. I've been working hard re*cycling, re*designing and re*purposing items I've purchased from the local thrift stores.




This white container is a  left over from my soap business. I used them as gift basket containers. So to have it come with me to the craft show I had to do something crafty to them. I remembered a tutorial for a large burlap flower that might work and I thought I give it a try.



I was inspired to do this from Tatertots and Jello So I had some toile fabric just hanging around that I thought would be a good match.  My top measures 6" and per the tutorial I was to cut a square double the size. Now the instructions was for a burlap flower and my fabric is a little less stiff so I decided to iron on some fusible interfacing to give the fabric some body.  I cut the points off of the square to give the shape of a circle. Now to attached the fabric to the container I used a hot glue gun and just turned the ends under and hot glued like crazy.

So after the fabric was attached I then started making folds going all around the container and held it together at the center with pins. As soon as I was happy with the look I hot glued the center to get the folds to stay in place. I then made a matching fabric rose and put that in the center to cover the glue.

So I'm thinking this will pass the crafty judges at the show.

Tip Junkie handmade projects

9 comments:

  1. the basket is darling. You are so brave, I have never tried a craft show, I would love to though it sounds like they are tiring, fun and profitable, it will be interesting to hear how yours goes. Thank you for the sweet congrats!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I see my friend Carol here too...you are going to love blogging. Welcome to the wonderful world indeed. You have some really cute craft ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craft shows are exhausting & exhilarating! I love doing them! Best of luck to you for a profitable & fun show. The basket with the toile lid is adorable! I am a new follower & part of the newbie linky party too.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy, Debbie and Carol,
    Thanks for your comments I love hearing from you. Cindy, it's nice to meet a newbie like myself thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your first show! I'm sure you will do great...I love your burlap flower addition! I am now a follower. I would love it if you would check my blog out too!

    Melanie
    www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Adorable. Cute fabric.
    I'd love it if you linked this up to my party that will be begin on Tuesday!
    www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your adorable basket! Hope you do well with your 1st craft show. New follower.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea, Linda..you did a beautiful job on your topper! Looks excellent. Wishing all the best at your first craft show! I am a follower now and would love to have you join my followers list as well. I'm at
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    hugs, Gayle

    ReplyDelete