Saturday, February 4, 2012

Making Vintage Looking Paper For Tags

It's all about the details and I know that to be true. So my pricing tags at my booth should look as vintage as my products.

 I've been printing up my pricing tags on white card stock and I realized it would look better if the paper was at least 50 years old or at least look that old.

The tools needed are;
  1. Instant coffee
  2. Foam brush
  3. 2 cups of boiling water
  4. White card stock 
 I used my microwave to boil my water. After that was done I added about 3 tablespoons of instant coffee to the boiled water.  I then let it cool down a bit before I started brushing.

I started brushing the rich instant coffee on to the paper. I carefully stroked the coffee onto the paper making sure that the stroke marks showed up on the paper. After I was happy that the paper had enough coffee I then let the sheets dry in the oven at a 200 degree temperature for about 1 minute.

Then after inspecting the dried paper I decided whether to repeat the process again to get a darker stained look.  2 applications of coffee was brushed on each piece of card stock.


Tomorrow I'll print my some images from the Graphic Fairy  onto the vintage looking paper.

Update: you can see the tags I created with this paper HERE

1 comment:

  1. I like that you intentionally left brush strokes on the paper. It makes it seem more authentically vintage. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete