Thursday, November 13, 2014

Home Staging Part 3 Pay Attention To Detail!


When it comes to selling your home you need that eye for details, it is very important. The buyer is going to pay lots of attention to everything in your home, and everything translates into dollars either as a plus or minus for you.

I mentioned that I cleaned for 3 days, getting my home ready for selling. It was sparkling clean but once I started paying attention to detail I came up with some little issues.



This was a scuff mark at the bottom of a door into the bedroom that probably happened when we moved some furniture. There's a very strong possibility that the buyer will see dollar signs when they see this little scuff. They will calculate in their head probably hundreds and hundreds of dollars that it will cost to paint the door. Just a little wet rag got rid of that scuff mark and all is well. More dollars in your pocket.




Sticky door knobs.  I've been unlucky to encounter this in a home I viewed. Needless to say I didn't buy that house and ran.... yes, ran, for some sanitizer. Clean your door knobs, especially if you have children! Here's my front door that needs attention. One little wipe with a glass cleaner and it looks like new. 



Now, there is no big deal about some lopsided blinds, really, there isn't. It's an easy fix, so why not make it look presentable. don't give a buyer anything to distract them with while they're considering buying your home

I had my first showing yesterday. There were 6 people plus the realtor and the feedback was "the house shows very well". That's what you want to hear. If the realtor thinks your home shows well then they'll  be happy to bring other customers to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment