Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Which Fabric Glue To Use For Trims

Not too long ago I posted about doing one of a kind pillows and I did make one that sort of had me feeling "wow this could be good" until I glued on the lace trim.


I used Fabric Fusion by Aleene and the glue dried so hard that the edge of the pillow with the trim (and the glue) was as hard as a rock.  This glue really holds but it's not good the way it hardens the fabric and trim that it touches.

Now I've also used Fabric Fusion to attach my fabric buttons onto my pillows and it works like a charm and I'll continue to use this glue for that purpose but not for adding trim to my pillows.

So today I decided to try another glue (Fabri-Tac)  to see how it works and it performs perfectly.


My trim is held in place and the fabric doesn't feel any different than before I added the glue.  Here's the pillow I'm working on now with it.







So when you need a fabric glue to attach something to your fabric try the Fabri-Tac.  btw I'm not being paid to say this nor did I receive any samples to try. I got mine from Walmart early this morning.
 
Update  It's the day after I applied the trim with the glue and it appears to be a bit stiff. It's no where near as stiff as the other product. I will continue to use Fabri-Tac as it's not as bad as the fusion one. I'd rather glue on my trim than sew it so I'm left with this product.


I'm partying here 



My Salvaged Treasures

2 comments:

  1. Great glue tip! Thanks so much for sharing your tip at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a liquid No Stitch I find at Joann's fabric store and it's not stiff
    I never have glues trim to a pillow however looks like you have great luck with it
    Thanks for info

    ReplyDelete